Sunday, March 29, 2009

GOODBYE CRUISE - SUNDAY, MARCH 15TH

So, Sunday, March 15 was disembarking day. Time to go home. Back to reality. Time to say goodbye to my sister! We had a great time together! Her flight was scheduled to leave San Juan at 2:45; mine at 4:45. So, I signed up for an excursion, with friends, to the Bacardi Rum factory. For $28 they took my luggage, I got the tour, and they dropped me off at the airport! DEAL!


This is San Juan as we entered the port

Arriving at Bacardi's front gates

Some of the vintage advertising on display

The BAT logo of the company..where the bat comes from is another story!
The pavillion is where the after tour free drinks were. The red building is part of the factory tour.

Yes, believe it or not, I did not turn down the free drinks! The red one is Bacardi Razz mixed with orange and cranberry juices! YUM! The other was a Rum Punch - just ok. If you know me, you know that I really don't drink...I'd rather eat my calories than drink them.

Got to the airport around 1:30 to big delays! By the time I got to my gate I met up with some friends. My sister's plane was also delayed but she was on her plane. The final result was that we were delayed because of the Space Shuttle's take off in Florida so we had to get new flight patterns and more fuel. So, by the time I arrived in Philly, my connection was long gone. Called Steph, she picked me up and I spent the night with her. The funny thing was that my sister arrived in Philly at the same time I did!! Saw her at baggage claim!
Even though I didn't make it home until Monday afternoon, this was such a fantastic trip!! VERY memorable. Can't wait to go away with my big sis again!


Thanks, all, for stopping by and seeing just a few of my cruise pics. I went with an 8 gig memory card and nearly filled it!

Now, to scrap my cruise journal!
:0)
Peggy

5 comments:

Laura said...

love the photos!!! i want to go on a cruise right now... it's 39 degrees here! :)

Jenneke said...

Loved watching your photo's!!! What a GREAT trip you made, I envy you ;-))
But, it's always good to be home again, dont'you think??
Greetings from Holland!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a fantastic time. I enjoyed the journal of your trip and pictures. Phyllis

Crystal said...

ooh lovely I bet you had a blast. Its alwys sad to end a vacation. I hope reality dont set in too hard

Laura said...

I can't wait to see your scrapbook from this trip!